Article archive

2024 Mileage Rates

01/22/2024 16:59
Beginning on Jan. 1, 2024 the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be: 67 cents per mile for business miles driven 21 cents per mile driven for medical or active military moving purposes 14 cents per mile driven in service of...

What to do by December 31st

01/15/2024 11:00
If you reach 73 this year and you are the owner of a traditional IRA, make sure you have taken your required minimum distribution. Have you moved? Tell the IRS your new address by filing form 8822. Have you changed your name, due to divorce or marriage? Notify the Social Security...

Free Credit Report - Annually

01/03/2024 00:00
Get a copy of your credit score from all 3 credit score vendors every 12 months. It is a good exercise to do annually to make sure there are not any items that should not be there. A decrease in your credit score could shoot down your plans to purchase an asset, reduce your credit card limits or...

Starting a New Corporation or LLC in Washington

01/03/2022 00:00
Are you starting a new Corporation or LLC in Washington State and wonder where to start? Here is a 5 step outline to get you started. File with the Secretary of State: Corporations  Limited Liability Companies (LLC)   Corparations  File of an Employer Identification...

When can I get rid of these documents?

01/01/2022 00:00
Are your file cabinets full of paperwork? Are you wondering, "Do I have to keep these?"  The answer is maybe. Some items are okay to get rid of, some you want to keep for a while, and others still you should keep permanently.  Recommended periods for retention for various documents is...

IRS e-mail Scam

11/23/2016 14:40
The IRS will not e-mail you. The SCAM emails are stating that you owe taxes under the Affordable Care Act. Don't be fooled. If you get an email from the IRS don't click on the link. Remember the IRS will not contact you via socail media or email.

Need to Pay the IRS - Use Direct Pay

05/28/2015 09:40
Do you want an easy way to make your IRS payments? Installment agreements, prior year balance due, or current year estimated payments? You can make payments for either a checking account or a credit card (fee applies). IRS DIRECT PAY    

FBAR goes Electronic - Due June 30, 2014

06/02/2014 15:10
Are you required to file the Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Report (FBAR)? Did you have $10,000 USD or more combined at any time during the last past years foriegn (non-US) bank account? If you answered yes, you are required to file the FBAR for the previous year.  This year the form has...

Get a Copy of a Prior Year’s Return

08/15/2012 09:50
To get a copy of a previously filed and processed tax return; it will cost $57 for each tax year you order. Complete form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years....

File for FREE

03/06/2012 07:58
Everyone can prepare and e-file their federal tax returns for free using the IRS Free File Program. Free File is offered through a public-private partnership between the Internal Revenue Service and tax software companies. Free File can help you do your taxes fast; it’s safe and it doesn’t cost...
Items: 1 - 10 of 22
1 | 2 | 3 >>