Starting a New Corporation or LLC in Washington
Are you starting a new Corporation or LLC in Washington State and wonder where to start? Here is a 5 step outline to get you started.
- File with the Secretary of State: Corporations Limited Liability Companies (LLC) Corparations
- File of an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Apply online
- File a WA State Master Business License Online filing
- File for a City License State of WA City Licenses (limited list, if not on the list go directly to the city site)
- Open a Bank account in the business name and EIN
If you are a Corporation you will need your Articles of Incorporation before you file with the Secretary of State.
If you open your company as a Corporation and want to be taxed as an SCorporation you will also need to file form 2553 .