Get a Copy of a Prior Year’s Return

08/15/2012 09:50

To get a copy of a previously filed and processed tax return; it will cost $57 for each tax year you order. Complete form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. Please allow 60 days for delivery.


The fee for copies of tax returns may be waived if you are in an area that is declared a federal disaster by the President. For more guidance on disaster relief go to IRS on Reconstructing your Records


If a transcript would meet your needs they are FREE and can be requested online, by phone or by mail. Transcripts are snapshot of your tax return; it does not look like your originally filed tax return. If you would like a copy of your transcript use form 4506T.